We are excited that you have chosen to bring your group to Young Life's Carolina Point! Below, you will find information and forms that will help you to plan your trip. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
There are a few items that I would like to highlight:
- You will need to provide a work crew in a ratio of one work crew person for every ten guests with a maximum of 24, including two supervisors. Please see the packet below for additional information regarding work crew responsibilities.
- To ensure quality service and an enjoyable camp, your first camper meal will be served no sooner than 2 hours following the arrival of your entire Work Crew. Please consider this when planning your work crew travel time and the desired time for your first meal.
- You will need to provide medical staff (a Doctor, Nurse or EMT) to respond to the medical needs of your group. This person must arrive when your group arrives, and remain at camp until your group departs.
- A lifeguard is required for the swimming area and the blob. If you want both of these areas open at the same time, you will need to bring two certified lifeguards. Lifeguards are charged ½ the camper fee.
- You will need to provide proof of insurance for your organization, usually called an ACORD Form. If your group does not have insurance, each person in your group will need to fill out a Guest Consent Release form.
- Please be aware that we will ask you to have at least one adult staying in every room that you use during your stay at Carolina Point.